Saturday, November 23, 2013

Convenience store worker sues Florida police for racial profiling after they stopped him 258 times for trespassing at his JOB


Harassment: Earl Sampson, 28, was questioned by police 258 times, searched more than 100 times, jailed 56 times and arrested for trespassing 62 times at his place of work
A Florida convenience store owner and his employee plan to sue the city of Miami Gardens and its police department for racial profiling after his employee was questioned by police 258 times, searched more than 100 times, jailed 56 times and arrested for trespassing 62 times.
Alex Saleh, the proprietor at the 207 Quickstop on Northwest 207 Street in Miami Gardens, said he has more than two dozen surveillance videos to support his case.
The employee at the centre of the controversy, Earl Sampson, 28, says police officers constantly harass him while he’s at work, sometimes two to three times a day, without any justified cause.
‘They’re always stopping me, going in my pockets, asking me for my ID, running my name,’ Sampson told CBS4. ‘I feel like I can’t even be in my own neighborhood anymore.’
In three separate instances on the video clips, police can be seen questioning the same man at the same location.
Sampson’s lengthy rap sheet is filled with minor infractions, including more than 60 citations for trespassing, mostly at the 207 Quickstop, where he works.
‘I’ve seen the outrageous police abusing people in the community. They’ve been treating the people wrong, Saleh said.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512374/Florida-police-stop-man-258-times-TRESPASSING-place-work.html#ixzz2lX3kGVmY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment