Saturday, February 13, 2016

Did the FBI Kill My Father?

Forty-five years ago, my father, Joe Colombo, the alleged boss of the "Colombo" crime family, and founder of the Italian-American Civil Rights League, was gunned down among a crowd of thousands in one of the most highly publicized shootings in New York City's history.
To the media and the FBI my father was head of one of New York's infamous Five Families. To the Italian-American community he was an organizer and leader. To his family he was a great husband and father. As Joe Colombo's son, who was responsible for my father's death -- and that the efforts he made for the Italian-American community have gone unrecognized -- has weighed heavily on me for years. I finally decided I would write a book to address who my father really was, and to address who should be held responsible for his death. The book is based on my personal life beside my father, my in-depth knowledge surrounding his shooting, and what I've come to learn was a suspiciously flawed investigation into his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment