Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How Do 1,100 People Vanish in U.S. National Parks Without Any Publicity?

What would you say if I told you that over 1,100 people have disappeared from our country’s national parks and open spaces in the past 100 years, and a large percentage of those people are innocent young children, many younger than the age of 10? Think for a moment. Does that sound “normal” to you? When I first learned of the phenomenon of people vanishing from National Parks by the hundreds, it was on an episode of Coast to Coast AM in March of 2015. 1,100 people sounded astronomical to me, especially when you consider they  vanished from federal lands, lands which are well known for having a large law enforcement presence. 
Where is the public outcry over this? Certainly those who have gone missing must have left behind loved ones who want answers about the disappearances right? Then where are they? Perhaps my own red flags would not be going up if the disappearances weren’t on federal land, and our own government didn’t have a history of experimenting on unwilling citizens… but they do, so to help me wrap my head around how unnatural 1,100 disappearances is, I compared the disappearances to the only thing I could think of that relates to missing persons: The Amber Alert System.

No comments:

Post a Comment