Friday, November 7, 2014

CENTRAL LAKE HISTORY - GRACE RUSHTON SCRAPBOOK





Snowflake November 18, 1918

Pretending Joy Riders, Take Notice:
Previously on different times, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights, always about the same hours, from 8 to 9 o'clock-special and watchful care as to who they were.
Again last night, the gate being chained and locked, was opened , and in they came, turned their car so the headlight was in line of my window, turned off the light, and the giggle commenced. How easy to dematerialize a chain. Almost immediately the seance commenced in the right light of a full moon.
A ghost appeared and began asking questions as to who they were and their purposes there at that time when there was no entertainment going on. It is no wonder they took fright and struck out for town on the high speed gear.
What of that? Horses were let out on the railroad tracks and the lights frightened the old people I had for company and to care for my crippled wife, and disturbing the peace of all. Not knowing at first who they were, and knowing it was for plunder and injury and not for innocent fun. I think it my duty to inform against such a gang. I am here and can not get away so I will have to apply other remedies to protect myself and family. Anarchy and malicious intruders, who have no respect for others, claiming themselves and advocating the Golden rule.
So it is a duty of me to warn the public against fake mediums and tricksters who can dematerialize a chin or raise the dead. I don't know when the next seance will be, as I am afraid to leave the wife. I am compelled to be a figurehead when it does come off.
I will wait and see and report the case to some authority who will trace the villians to a public exposure.
The object of this is to apprise the public of the black-hands seen at Snowflake.
(Signed)
A. M. BENNETT.
GRACE RUSHTON SCRAPBOOK HERE:http://www.angelfire.com/tx/carlasumner/GraceRushton.htm

 http://www.angelfire.com/tx/carlasumner/

http://www.ole.net/~maggie/antrim/rushclip.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment