Thursday, June 30, 2016

It’s an opinion about an opinion

                             LISTEN TO THE 911 CALL FROM THE FUTURE PROSECUTOR'S WIFE AT THE VIDEO LINK ABOVE

Pictured is a house in Antrim County whose owner has painted upon it messages against Charlevoix County Prosecutor Allen Telgenhof.



You’ve probably heard that opinions are like that one thing ... because we’ve all got one. Hey, we love opinions. We have an entire page devoted to them. And, our policy has always been to publish any opinion by a local or pertaining to something local so long as that opinion does not make unsubstantiated claims against a public figure, nor demonize a private citizen. The opinion also generally has to be coherent-ish and not about some long-debunked conspiracy theory. If you want to send us an e-mail concerning a recent vote by a county board or a city commission, we can’t wait to read and print it. If you’re looking to share the bad news about how Obama is using chemtrails to control the minds of local political leaders ... it’s probably not going to run. Letters about Sasquatch are a different matter. I’m a big fan of cryptozoology. So, if you send me information saying you saw bigfoot out at Boyne Mountain, I’ll probably run it. (I know. I’m weak.) The crazy, cuckoo conspiracy I was tipped off to most recently involved a somewhat local citizen who painted a message about a very local and very prominent public official on the side of said citizen’s house. I was immediately intrigued. After all, this is election season and I do so love politics. What I found, after not very much digging, was the continuation of a feud between a handful of folks unhappy with Charlevoix County Prosecuting
Attorney Allen Telgenhof. One of these folks decided to paint a billboard-sized message urging folks not to vote for Telgenhof in his upcoming reelection bid. I spent a good 45 minutes or so chatting with the man who painted the message. His name is Greg Karam. He and a few friends operate the website theprettylieortheuglytruth.blogspot.com, where they have digital reams of information concerning judges and lawyers and governmental doings and all sorts of warnings about corporations, the department of education, etc. Some of it seems legit and some of it smacks of “The X Files” minus the aliens and, as far as I can tell, there is no bigfoot. This same group had a brief feud with the prosecutor, some of which was broadcast live on the radio, in recent years. The whole time I was mulling whether to publish the photo of the house,

1 comment:

  1. Good post....thanks for sharing.. very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needs. Thanks.
    salt spray chamber manufacturers

    ReplyDelete