Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wendy's Mysterious Letter

Last November, I received an anonymous letter that had no return address or signature. It was postmarked in Grand Rapids on November 02, 2013.

THE LETTER: 
I am very interested in your blog. I read it quite often and think you make some excellent points....even though I don't agree with everything on there.

I think you need to know some things about Mary Beth Kur. You two have more in common than you think. You see, anyone that really knows her family and details about her children know that oneone of them has suffered injustices very similar to what you describe in tour own life. Two of them are happy,self sufficient law abiding adult citizens. So,until you know all the facts, don't be so quick to crucify. Please don't judge. She has gone through such heartache and she tried everything under the sun to help her child who has suffered greatly as well.

Mental illness is something that this country wants to pretend doesn't exist. Just like they want to pretend children are not abused in detention facilities. Schizophrenia is a nightmare that no parent or family member deserves to see a child go through. There are few treatment facilities. Instead mentally ill persons often spend the better part of their life in jail cells. It is wrong and it is sad and it is no different than the anguish you have suffered.

Could you please take up the cause of the mentally ill or at least write about it? 60 Minutes just did a show about this a couple of weeks ago. These people need help. Long term help. There is money to lock people up for smoking pot but there is no place for the chronically mentally ill....except jail.IT IS SO WRONG.

Don't you see that Mary Beth Kur is a person  just like you?Don't you realize how much she has been through and how relentless the criminal justice system has been on her child? She has spent years trying to right wrongs and she has not only done this in her own life, but in the lives of her clients too.I know this because she helped me and my children in ways I never knew existed.She is wonderful,caring person who has been through hell....just like you.

The story you posted about her husband supposedly assaulting their son 10 years ago was set up by a corrupt cop hell bent on seeing her destroyed because she would not protect him when heviolated other people's rights. That same officer has lied over and over again in court. He was even put in jail by a judge after he made up lies about the  Kur family. He once picked up - in 2003, his drunk brother after he was stopped by the police and Kur questioned this. The story you posted is how he got her back. Insiders at the police office know this. If we told though, we would get in trouble. See for yorself. Ask for the personel file for this crooked cop- from Charlevoix and antrim county.

They wanted help for their son and instead were the victim's of a vicious political attack. In the end, the truth came out. No one assaulted anyone in that house....ever. During the 10 years sincethe article you posted, there have been endless trips too jails and mental heath facilities and hospitals by these parents....literally begging for help for someone (their son) in desperate need if it....their child that they loved dearly....like you love your own child. Please have mercy on these people and again, please know that they have a lot more in common with you than you think.

THE DOCUMENTS

#1

                                                OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF

                                                       Charlevoix County

                                                       George Thomas Lassiter, Sheriff


DATE: 11-11-03

TO: CHARLEVOIX CO. SHERIFF G. T. LASSITER

REF: SHERIFF AND PROSECUTING ATTORNEY INQUIRY

DEAR SHERIFF GEORGE THOMAS LASSITER,

In response to yors and the prosecuting attorneys office, yes I did pick my brother up on a Friday night when I was off duty. I don't know why Officer McGuire pulled my brother over, I didn't ask why and he didn't tell me. I picked him up he didn't seem to be drunk.

The night in question my brother was the one who called on his cell phone not Officer McGuire.

In no way shape or form have I ever asked any officer of this county to ever show me or my family any courtesy nor would I ever expect any.

If you have any other inquiries on this situation please forward them to Officer McGuire of the Boyne City Police Department or if I can be of any further help please contact me and I would be glad to assist.

John E. Bush Jr.


DOCUMENT #2

                                                    CONFIDENTIAL

                                                 OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF

                                                  CHARLEVOIX COUNTY

November 17, 2003

Mary Beth Kur
Prosecuting Attorney

RE: Concerns Expressed to the Sheriff's Office Pertaining to Deputy Sheriff John Bush, His Brother and Boyne City Police Department Patrolman McGuire

I have received Deputy Sheriff Bush's response and feel comfortable with his statement. I will forward my response and documents to Chief Howard for his inquiry into this concern and Officer McGuire.

I will discuss this further with Deputy Sheriff Bush regarding being caught up in this type of an awkward situation.

Respectfully submitted,
George T.Lassiter
Sheriff



I will respond to this letter in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment