Friday, May 29, 2015

I Spent a Day with a Speed Dealer

He puts a few lines on a worn-down CD case that's obviously had its fair share of speed chopped up on it.
"I stopped liking coke a while ago. People aren't after that kind of hit anymore, they're after something more exciting. Speed has become really popular again," he continues while filling a bunch of little blue and yellow bags with amphetamine.
"Each bag weights exactly one gram—no more, no less. That includes the bag's own weight. You have to weigh the stuff in the bag or else the scale will end up encrusted in powder residue."
Jon is a speed dealer who lives in a small village close to Bilbao, Spain. "Speed has always been popular here. I remember before I went to jail there was at least one guy per bar selling the stuff. I'm only ever at this one bar these days. People trust me because they know my speed is much better quality than the other shit people are selling. They don't even care that it's moist."
After packing his bags, he says that he will be going down to the bar he frequents and asks if I want to tag along. Curious as to how a run of the mill night looks for a man in his line of work, I decide to do just that.
READ MORE:http://www.vice.com/read/hanging-out-with-a-speed-dealer-876

No comments:

Post a Comment